Commissioned Works and Recordings
- Yehudi Wyner, Give Thanks for All Things, 2010
- Andy Vores, Natural Selection, 2009
- Lior Navok, Slavery Documents 3: And The Trains Kept Coming . . .,2008
- Stephen Hartke, Precepts (co-commissioned with Winsor Music), 2007
- John Harbison, But Mary Stood: Sacred Symphonies for Chorus and Instruments, 2006
- James Primosch, Matins, 2003 (co-commissioned with Winsor Music)
- T.J. Anderson, Slavery Documents 2, 2002
- Andy Vores, World Wheel, 2000
- Andrew Imbrie, Adam, 1994
- Donald Sur, Slavery Documents, 1990
- Peter Child, Estrella, 1988
- John Harbison, The Flight Into Egypt, 1986 (winner, 1987 Pulitzer Prize in Music)
Four Psalms and Emerson
New World Records.
David Hoose, conductor, 2004.
Frank Kelley, David Kravitz, Lynn Torgove, and Majie Zeller, soloists.
Recorded in concert November 2000 and May 2002.
"Estrella" and other works.
David Hoose, conductor, 2002.
Gloria Raymond and David Kravitz, soloists.
New World Records 80594-2.
"Estrella" was commissioned and premiered by the Cantata Singers in 1988. Also includes Child's String Quartet No. 2 (Lydian String Quartet) and Trio (Paulette Bowes, clarinet; Judith Gordon, piano; Daniel Stepner, violin).
Cantatas BWV 7, BWV 44, BWV 101.
John Harbison, conductor.
CD reissue of historic Advent LP recorded in 1973
(first recorded performances of Cantatas 44 & 101).
Stravinsky, Schoenberg, Schütz, and Schein
Les noces, Friede auf Erden, and motets of Schütz and Schein.
Recorded in concert.
David Hoose, Conductor.
The Flight Into Egypt and other works.
David Hoose, conductor, 1990.
Roberta Anderson and Sanford Sylvan, soloists.
New World Records 80395-2.
Also includes works recorded by th Los Angeles Philharmonic. The Flight Into Egypt, winner of the 1987 Pulitzer Prize in music, was commissioned by the Cantata Singers in 1986.